Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Codex Musings: not very coherent.

I'm lamenting the loss of control over the Death Company, but whatever. I'm not really a competitive person, so I'll go on using them. I went through all the trouble of painting them after all.

Anyways, I think Librarians look very nice, I've always wanted to take one but they weren't that great before. The new ones have me very excited, however, and I even went through the trouble of making my old one look all nice. I made a little conversion out of it, and hopefully I can get some decent pics up later.

The Reclusiarch is neat, I'll probably be using it a lot since I love my JP chaplain model. I read that a chaplain can be taken as an elites choice? That should be interesting. Chaplains are some of my favorite units, so maybe I'll make a list that uses all of my models... should be interesting.

I wish I had more dreads (and pods) because I would really like to field a dread heavy army, as dreadnoughts are pretty much my second favorite units. Not to mention Librarian
dreadnoughts! (interesting conversion opportunities!)

I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on some Baals now (lol, terrible pun, ew) since I have ZERO fast attack choices as-is.

Vanguard veterans have me very excited, I have a bunch of leftover power-weapons that I am throwing onto my extra guys in anticipation. I LOVE JUMP PACK TROOPS.

I'm going to say it now: My dream list is going to include Reclusiarch, Chaplain, Dreads in Pods, Baals, Assault Squads. Possibly some sanguinary priests?

I am also going to build up a sort of opposite list that has no Death Co., it will be lead by a librarian.
It would go like: Librarian, Vanguard Veterans, Maybe one assault squad, A couple of tac squds, Baals and Vindis. Some sanguinary priests would probably fit in here too.

I know I'm not really going anywhere with these lists (or this post for that matter, but whatever :S)

Those sanguinary guard models are pretty sweet looking, and while I probably won't be using that unit, there are just too many nice bits floating in that box not to buy it. I'll be pimping out the rest of my army with some of that bling. Should be pretty nice.

Anyways, that's about all I feel like typing for now.

Let me just say this: People won't cry CHEESE when they see my army. NUFF SAID

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, people will cry cheese for a while, until the dust settles, and they realise not every BA unit is the best in the game ever. :)

    ReplyDelete